Coaching for Individuals
There is an abundance of dating opportunities in the greater Madison area. Yet, it can be difficult to make connections with the kind of person you are looking to spend your life with. For many, dating has left them feeling frustrated, disillusioned, and dissatisfied with the whole dating process. If you have been feeling this way you are not alone.
Though there are no easy answers or quick fixes, you can begin to make small changes that can make a big difference in how you approach dating and who you will meet in the future. If you are at this point in your life I can help you explore new ways to navigate relationship building options and ideas. It isn’t always easy, but if you are open to looking at and thinking about dating in a new way, I would appreciate the opportunity to walk you through the process. Together we can identify what kind of relationship you are looking for and ways to make that happen.
I offer a free 30 minute phone consultation to give you the opportunity to meet me and determine if what I have to offer in terms of coaching matches what you are looking to accomplish. You can call me at (608) 204-6076 ext.1 or email me to set up your consultation in the box to the right.
I work with individuals to:
- Clarify what characteristics they are looking for in a potential partner
- Identify personal values
- Determine what they must have in a future relationship
- Improve communication skills
- Review family of origin issues that may be interfering with finding and maintaining healthy relationships
- Recognize and avoid complex personality types that bring drama into relationships
- Identify and make conscious potential red flags
- Become familiar with what they are responsible for and how to set healthy boundaries in all relationships.
- Understand the concepts necessary for a healthy relationship
Cost for individual coaching:
Coaching sessions are $125 an hour if paid for individually. A discount is offered for individuals who purchase sessions in advance in blocks of four, six or eight.
A block fee is as follows:
4 sessions: $480.00
6 sessions: $600.00
8 sessions: $640.00
Coaching for Couples
Pre-commitment and pre-marital counseling
The Dating Dementia class is an option for individuals who wish to explore what it is that they want in a relationship and to gain ideas on how to go about finding someone who fits well with them. I have learned that people who have just started dating are better served by taking the Dating Dementia course in separate classes.
However, once a couple has considered taking their relationship to a deeper level or if they are already engaged, they are not always comfortable in the same class as individuals seeking to date. For those couples it is more beneficial to complete the Dating Dementia course as a couple. Many couples are using this option as a pre-marriage preparation to define and address pre-marriage issues or concerns. In this scenario the couple completes the course alone, meeting just two hours a week for ten weeks. This gives motivated couples the opportunity to look deeply and seriously at their relationship in a guided format before moving forward.
I work with couples to:
- Understand the concepts necessary for a healthy, long-term relationship
- Define what they must have and what they will not tolerate in a relationship
- Improve communication skills
- Identify areas of potential conflict and learn how to resolve conflict effectively
- Understand personal rights and responsibilities
- Understand the importance of being each other’s best friend.
- Understand how family of origin issues can be the unhealthy baggage brought into the relationship if not addressed.
- Understand personal adaptive behaviors that create the sometimes unhealthy “opposites attract” scenario.
- Define what commitment means to each of them and how to remain committed
Cost for couple coaching:
Couple coaching is conducted in two hour weekly sessions. The cost is $250.00 per week if paying weekly. If purchasing the entire course in advance, the cost is $1500.00. A couple can complete the entire program in ten weeks but may opt for fewer sessions. A discount is offered for couples who purchase sessions in blocks of 6 or 8. However, if you choose one of these options and then decide to complete the remaining weeks the fee will be $250.00 per week for the remaining weeks.
A block fee is as follows:
4 sessions: $900.00
6 sessions: $1200.00
8 sessions: $1400.00
Couples who complete the 10 week course can receive tune-up sessions for $80.00 per hourly session.
Married or Partnered Couples Counseling
Are you experiencing any of the following in your current relationship?
- Frustration with your partner or spouse because you have tried everything you know of to get things to change
- Sadness because you wish your relationship would go back to the way it was when you were happy together
- Concern that your relationship is headed for the relationship cliff and you don’t know how to stop it
- Anger because you have complained repeatedly about your relationship yet nothing has changed
- Loneliness because you and your partner no longer spend any time together
If you believe that you’ve tried everything possible to turn things around and feel you could use an outside perspective, you are not alone.
In couples counseling, we will work together to renew the sense of safety that is necessary to achieve the intimacy in the relationship that you desire and reduce the conflict that you are experiencing. Together we can identify the patterns and cycles in your relationship that create and maintains distress, thus making it hard to feel safe, be vulnerable, and work as a team. When emotional responsiveness seems to be missing, we often react in a fight-or-flight response. Some of us fight for connection while others withdraw in the hope of minimizing conflict.
“I recognize that anyone can be confronted with problems they feel unable to correct. I believe that with information, guidance and emotional support most people can develop strategies to solve those problems through their own efforts.” Couple or individual therapy is a longer-term, intensive relationship that involves helping individuals understand the historical markers in their lives that can interfere with reaching personal or relationship goals and once confronted can help resolve problems in their life. “Together we will identify these issues and develop techniques for addressing these issues on your own. I am trained in Family Systems Theory and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and I incorporate a strong Psycho-educational approach when working with my clients. I believe that information is a powerful tool that can be used to make personal changes and I utilize information to help clients develop the insights needed to make those changes.”
I have found that couples who are the most successful in the coaching or therapy process:
- Care about their relationship and want to make it work
- Are willing to explore the issues that need to be addressed in a respectful manner
- Are willing to do the work that this change may take
I work with couples on:
- Identifying conflict resolution techniques that they are currently using that are proving to be ineffective
- Improving communication
- Resolving conflict and reducing arguing
- Becoming more intimate on all levels
- Facing transitions in life and in the relationship
- Healing relational wounds
- Bringing contentment and joy back into the relationship
If you are ready to build the relationship you desire, contact me to set up a free phone consultation. We’ll explore what you’re looking for and how I can help you get there. To set up this consultation, give me a call at (608-204-6076 ext.1) at Sonas Behavioral Health, LLC or contact me via the box to the right. I work with couples at my Sonas Behavioral Health location at 6402 Odana Road on Madison’s Westside.
Health insurance does not cover couples therapy. However, I do offer a reasonable sliding scale fee because I believe that getting help should be affordable and because prompt attention to relationship issues can help prevent the depression and anxiety that can accompany a relationship that is in distress. For more information please call me at 608-204-6076 ext.1 for a half-hour free consultation or to schedule an appointment.