Meeting new people and searching for someone special to spend your life with can be a fun and fulfilling time. However, for some, dating has lead to disappointment, hurt, and disillusionment. For others who have been through the breakup of a committed relationship, the fear of choosing wrong again interferes with the desire to try again. And if you are already dating you may just be interested in identifying potential problems before moving into a marriage. If you fall into one of these categories, this class may help you be more successful in establishing a healthier relationship the next time around.
What the Class Is
The ten-week class, Dating Dementia: Keeping Your Brain in the Dating Game™ can give you priceless tools to help you remember who you are and what your core values are. But, along with that you will also learn:
- Margaret’s 52 relationship-building concepts
- Margaret’s 17 levels of intimacy
- Margaret’s 5 key points for increasing the probability for success in a relationship
- Margaret’s 10 dating principles
But There’s More…
- How to design your own “vetting” process
- Effects of brain chemistry on decision making when you fall in love
- How to set clear boundaries and ease into a relationship, rather than diving in, head-first
- The meaning of true intimacy (and here’s a hint: it’s not sex!)
- How to identify red flags and how not to ignore them
- The importance of being authentic and how to spot a phony at thirty paces
- How to recognize dating patterns and past mistakes that can lead to unhappiness if repeated
- Character vs. characteristics
- The art of deception and what kinds of individuals use this tactic
- Why opposites attract
- The interview vs. the date
- How unfinished business from your first family affects who you pick as a date
- How to recognize a boundary crasher or determine if you are one
What the Class Is Not
- A dating service; in fact, dating someone during the class is discouraged
- A divorced or separated group; the work of ending a previous relationship needs to be attended to prior to attending the Dating Dementia class.
- A replacement for individual counseling; this class will cover many relationship issues, but it isn’t a psychotherapy group.
Advanced registration is required for this class and drop-in attendance is not allowed due to limited seating space. There is a $30.00 non-refundable cancellation fee when an individual drops the class less than two weeks prior to the start of the first class and wishes to have their payment refunded.
If you are paying the full amount of $335.00 (includes the cost of the required workbook) you have the option to pay by credit card/PayPal or by check (download a brochure with a registration form to send in with your check). If you’re registering less than 7 days prior to the first night of class, please contact Margaret first to make sure there is room still open in the class.
If you wish to use the early registration discount option please download a brochure with a registration form and submit it along with your personal check in the amount of $310.00. Your registration must be received no less than 10 days prior to the first night of the class you wish to participate in. Class size is limited and it tends to fill up quickly.
There is a $50.00 ‘Join With a Friend’ discount when 5 or more individuals submit their registration and payment of $285.00 at the same time at least 10 days prior to the first night of class. A refund is not provided if one or more people in this group decide to drop the class once the class has started. Please download a brochure with a registration form for this option.
Please make checks payable to Margaret Lambert and mail to Puffins Presentations, LLC at P.O. Box 704, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Class size is limited to 8
This class is held at Sonas Behavioral Health, 6402 Odana Road, Madison, WI 53719
The Dating Dementia™ class is ten weeks long and meets from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm one night a week.
Starting Dates are all on Thursday evenings.
- January 7, 2016
- March 24, 2016
- July 14, 2016
- October 6, 2016